Private Tasting Tour
Take a private tour of Manhattan's only indoor hydroponic farm as you sip complimentary prosecco and taste a spectacular array of new, unique flavors from around the world — a sensory experience unlike any other in New York.
Inside our Tribeca vertical farm, we use LED lighting, hydroponics, and technology to grow a huge variety of culinary herbs, microgreens and edible flowers, numbering over 600 to date. We use 95% less water than a traditional farm, and instead of chemicals or pesticides, we use beneficial insects. In addition to being used at 40+ Michelin-starred and highly rated restaurants across the city, our produce is available to New Yorkers for home cooking.
In this one-hour private tour, you will have the unique chance to taste dozens of rare plant varieties, most of which are never available fresh in New York City. With expert guidance, uncover the science of how plants thrive in completely-controlled conditions, experience new flavors, and discover new ways of thinking about culinary plants.
- 55-minute guided private tour for up to 4 guests
- Tasting of a dozen or more rare herbs, microgreens and edible flowers
- Complimentary Prosecco
The team at farm.one does an amazing job. They know their craft and are more than happy to educate and make you feel right at home, all while managing to supply top-tier NYC restaurants with the only the best. (5 out of 5)
Tour Safety Protocols
Our new staff and guest protocols are based on the latest scientific and health advice. These ensure a safe and fun tour experience.
Preparing for the tour:
- Each tour is strictly limited to one private group of up to four guests.
- Guests must be a part of the same private party to limit the exposure to new people in close proximity to one another on the farm.
- Guests must certify they are symptom-free, online, before attending.
- Guests’ temperature will be scanned upon arrival to the farm.
Reservations for parties with any guests with a temperature over 100.4°F will be asked to leave and reschedule their visit at no charge. To avoid disappointment, guests are encouraged to check their temperature at home before coming to the farm.
During the tour:
Guests must follow all hygiene protocols as directed by our staff on the farm.
- Guests must wear a face covering over both nose and mouth at all times while on premises.
(Don’t worry! Drinks are supplied with eco-straws, and tasting works with masks.)
- Guests must practice 6ft social distancing while on the farm
- Guests are asked to wash hands with warm water and soap upon arrival to the farm and regularly thereafter, especially after visiting the toilet, or leaving the farm temporarily during the tour.
- Guests must refrain from touching plants, surfaces and farm equipment.
- Guests are asked to refrain from coughing or sneezing on the farm; if you must cough or sneeze on the farm, we ask that you please do so into your elbow, completely covering your mouth.
- Guests and staff are asked to refrain from shaking hands and touching their face.
Farm.One staff wear additional protective equipment which is replaced after each tour. The farm and tour area, and all surfaces that guests come into contact with, is sanitized after each tour.
To read more about safety precautions the farm is taking to keep guests and team members safe, please visit https://farm.one/safety.
Guests are not permitted to visit the farm if…
- They or a member of their household have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 30 days of their reservation
- They or a member of their household have encountered any person diagnosed with COVID-19 within 30 days of their reservation
- They or a member of their household are experiencing cough, fever, headache, runny nose, sore throat, or shortness of breath at the time of their reservation or have experienced similar symptoms within 30 days of their reservation
Recording audio or video of the tour for longer than 30 seconds is not permitted.